Check your FICO score at MyFICO.com. This text link is better than a blinking banner, no?

12/31/2006

About Me and Disclaimer

I am 26 years old with above-average intelligence and a better-than-average job, but a fairly average life. I do not work in the banking or finance industries. I have never managed anybody else's money nor even seen anybody else's credit score. All of my experience in this area comes solely through things that I have read, following my own credit score monthly for the past 3 years, and common sense.

I am going to blog anonymously, although I may have left a few tidbits elsewhere. I will go into detail about my credit situation, including my score, components of my score, credit cards that I have, etc. For obvious reasons, I will not identify myself by name, and other information about myself will necessarily be vague.

I make no guarantees that anything I write about will apply to your own life or credit score. I am not a credit, banking, or personal finance professional, and this blog in no way constitutes an advisor-advisee relationship between me and you. Nothing that I write here should be construed as financial or legal advice. I am not a lawyer (no, really, I'm not). What you do with your own money is your own business and your own responsibility. While I endeavor to make this blog as factual and correct as possible, I have limited experience and will definitely make mistakes. The author of this blog bears no responsibility for any actions you may take based on information presented on this blog.

I am more than happy to hear from readers about their own experiences. The more data points that we have, the better we will be able to understand the credit scoring system. I will have an e-mail address specifically for blog use soon. Until then, please leave comments on the blog.

I will run Google AdWords and possibly various other advertising systems on this blog. I in no way endorse any of the ads presented. In fact, most of them are bound to be snake oil salesmen promoting all kinds of junk related to credit. I usually don't even see the ads myself, as I use Firefox with Adblock, which blocks almost all ads. If I link to a book on Amazon, usually it will be something that I have read or heard good things about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for creating this blog! The first two entries on credit score were great and I'm looking forward to future entries.